What to choose: SEO express analysis or full site audit
In this article, we will briefly discuss the difference between “Full SEO” and “Express SEO,” and then highlight what to expect from each methods.
WHAT IS A FULL SEO AUDIT
A full SEO-audit refers to the comprehensive inspection of every aspect of a website. Here, a SEO-specialist studies the structure of a website, its contents, features, commercial appeal, and usability.
Based on the analysis, the SEO specialist proposes a development plan to eliminate the identified errors and optimize the website.
A comprehensive site analysis should be carried out when:
- the expected (planned) level of conversion far exceeds the real indicators
- If the number of visitors keeps decreasing
- the company stops making more sales
A Comprehensive SEO audit is an in-depth analysis of the website, and has some pros and cons when necessary changes are applied:
PROS AND CONS OF FULL SEO AUDIT
- Identification of both obvious and hidden errors in the website
- Effective plan to eliminate errors
- An improved conversion rate on the website
- Enhanced usability
- Profit growth from the project
- A full analysis takes time
- An audit of a search engine optimization requires financial investments (payment for the services of SEO specialists or payment for special services)
- Requires resources for further optimization, otherwise the audit does not make sense
- As a rule, the effort spent on SEO auditing and error correction pays off pretty quickly. At the same time, costs and optimization time are reduced, behavioral factors are improved, and the position of the site is consolidated naturally. No black manipulation and fear of sanctions!
WHAT IS EXPRESS SEO AUDIT
Express SEO website analysis is a quick superficial audit that reveals gross errors in its work. Usually, it is used at the first meeting with the client, to form a commercial offer.
An express audit involves technical, search, and marketing issues of the resource, as well as its usability. It also:
- Assesses the possibilities of resource promotion in the current state
- Identifies the need for a redesign (if any)
- Predicts the results of the promotion (with low demand for a niche, the site optimization might not give the desired result)
An Express analysis provides an estimate of the cost of upcoming work, taking into account the scope of the project, the state of the site, and the labour costs of specialists.
WHEN TO CONDUCT AN EXPRESS AUDIT ON THE SITE?
An Express SEO analysis of the site is carried out:
- If the project is not performing as expected
- If you need to increase resource efficiency, but there is no budget for a comprehensive analysis and optimization;
- When the site is new and does not have a ton of errors.
It’s important to understand that an Express audit is superficial and gives only a general idea of the errors and issues that are on the website. However, it is efficient and effective for one-page websites.
PROS AND CONS OF AN EXPRESS AUDITS
In many situations, it is necessary to perform an express audit, in order to understand the issues on your website. But, just like the comprehensive audit, it has its strengths and weaknesses.
- Reports are generated fairly quickly
- Express audit services cost much less than a comprehensive analysis
- Does not give a deep analysis of the problems on the website
- Does not lead to noticeable results, since it only reveals superficial errors
WHICH SEO AUDIT TO CHOOSE?
Having a complete understanding of the issues affecting your website is much more important than relying on a narrow understanding. That’s why our SEO experts recommend a comprehensive audit. However, the express method makes it possible to partially improve the work of a site with a limited budget or to start its optimization as soon as possible.
If the measures to eliminate errors identified during the rapid analysis do not give a result, it is advisable to do a full SEO analysis. The effectiveness of your business depends on the effectiveness of the site, and these web development agnecy‘s experts know how to make these figures dramatically increase.