Free traffic sources
In addition to advertisements, there are free sources that can generate more traffic to your business. Free traffic sources are beneficial to everybody, and particularly to marketers and businesses that do not have a big budget for advertisements.
However, you will have to invest more of your time and effort in order to be able to drive free traffic to your Website. Most of the free traffic sources are tied to quality content, so learning to write interesting articles is essential. Ideally, there should be at least one editor in your staff.
A blog is a key to other free traffic sources that we’ll talk about. It will help to attract and retain your target audience on the site, acquire regular visitors and collect a database of email addresses. But for the blog, you will have to write articles that will attract the interest of your target audience on a regular basis. There are several rules to help achieve this:
Explore Target Audience
To understand which article the readers are interested in, analyze your target audience: create a portrait of the clients and write down their interests in great details.
Analyze your competitors’ blogs. Highlight the content that had the most views, comments, positive ratings in social networks, and compare it to your content. Look for common features and highlight the criteria that you will apply to your own texts.
Decide on purpose
All articles of the blog should unite the general idea, they should be useful. Ask yourself the question: “What is the reader’s main problem that my content can solve?”
For example, you have an online store with elite alcoholic beverages. A simple description of the drinks will bring little benefit to the reader. But if you devote your articles to what is beneficial to the buyers, for example giving them tips, advice and suggestions, then attention to your blog and website will grow with time.
Optimize texts for the reader
The make your articles catchy and easy to digest, please work on the following points:
- The headlines. Headlines should demonstrate a benefit to the reader, generate interest. It is important not just to reveal the content of the text, but to say what problem it will help to solve. If the article is really beneficial, then it will be easy to make such a headline.
- The structure. Subtitles, bulleted lists and text, divided into paragraphs, are important not only to search engines but also to the visitor. This makes it easier to search for information while making the text not so cumbersome. Reading an article divided into blocks of meaningful contents is much more pleasant and convenient.
- Lightweight text. It is better to avoid florid formulations and convoluted sentences: very few people will appreciate this eloquence. If you can say it shorter and formulate your idea in a simple way, do it.
Posting in your social networks
Social networks are good examples of free traffic sources. You can post links to your website in your social networks. Just make a reasonable number of posts to avoid being branded as a spammer. Your post should contain a brief message regarding the questions you are answering in your article plus the link to it.
Like you, many sites in your niche want to receive an influx of unique visitors. Therefore, almost everyone is interested in a traffic exchange. Find several related resources that you visit and offer to share content with the author and a link to the source.
In this way, you can get not only transitions, but also a qualitative increase in the external reference profile, and thus increase your ranking in Google search.
You can also exchange advertising banners. The preparation of a banner takes much less time, and it gets visitors interested in your services. The main thing is not to overdo it with someone else’s advertising on your own site, it will annoy your users.
Guest posting is also a free traffic source. Many informative websites and blogs will publish your articles for free. The main thing is that they are of high quality and do not duplicate other topics posted earlier. The Website where you will post your articles does not necessarily have to be devoted solely to your topic. It will be enough to have an audience that is interested in your services.
A small list of tips that will help you to Publish your articles:
- It is better to write guest articles for the blog audience, where they will be posted, otherwise, the editors may simply not accept them;
- The higher the site traffic, the more difficult it is to post an article in it. Look for resources with a high percentage of your target audience, and not the highest coverage;
- Do not try to cover everything in the article, select a narrow topic and expand it completely.
A guest post is a great bonus to brand awareness and customer loyalty, not to mention SEO. If you can publish them regularly, you will have regular readers not only on your own site but also other informative websites.
If you know a lot of interesting things about your own sphere, then there are good chances to get into the media. Journalists are constantly looking for experts who could share their own opinions in their articles.
Add a subscription form to your blog to gather and work with your email database. The newsletter will not bring unique visitors but will allow more efficient work with subscribers. Send announcements of the most interesting materials, report on current news. This way you can increase traffic by converting regular readers.
YouTube is the second most popular Internet platform in the world (after Google) and an excellent source of free traffic to the site. Create your own YouTube channel to communicate with your audience and share useful information. Create helpful tips, educational videos or interviews, etc.
The video content is characterized by maximum user engagement, which means your subscribers will interact with you more actively. Try not to overlook the most interesting comments and mention active subscribers to earn loyalty.