How to Choose a Host for Your WooCommerce Store?
Choosing the best hosting for WooCommerce is the second most important decision when creating your ecommerce project. As you should already know, the first decision when starting your online store is to choose the WordPress website development agency. As it is a vital decision for everything to go smoothly, it is not enough to select an inexpensive hosting plan. You will have to base yourself on a series of critical factors so as not to be wrong with your decision. Thus you will avoid problems such as server crashes, too slow web loading speed, error 50x, etc. In this article, we will tell you how to choose the best hosting services for WooCommerce online stores. You will be able to see all the details that a good server must have so that you avoid problems and have your blog or website on quality web hosting.
That it has support for PHP and a database
The typical static pages made with HTML are already quite out of date. Dynamic pages need a hosting server that has a database that stores dynamic information and has support for PHP, which is the open-source language used by dynamic webs. Therefore, if you have a WooCommerce store, do not hire a hosting service dedicated to static pages. It is always advisable to use a VPS server or a shared hosting that is scalable over time, and you can increase the storage space as the needs of your website grow. Most web servers always have a default configuration. In this one, the RAM that is configured for PHP is usually 64 MB. You can change 128MB if it is an excellent powerful server.
The type of web hosting
When you go to hire your web storage service for Woo-Commerce store, you will have to choose the type based on the visits, the size and the needs of your website. There are many types of web hosting. Here we show you the main types of hosting that you can choose –
- Free hosting: This type is not an option for any kind of website unless you are going to use it as a test. It has a multitude of limitations such as prolonged loading, low quality, low memory, resource limitations, problems with your connection, etc.
- Shared Hosting: This hosting consists of having several web pages hosted on the same server. You will share the same server with other web pages of different clients. It can perfectly support 1000 visits per day without performance drops.
- VPS Hosting: With this server mode, you will have an exclusive and private server for you but in a virtual way. It will not be a single physical machine. If your website grows enough, you will have to choose this hosting service for WooCommerce online store.
- Dedicated server: It is designed for large quiet websites with a very high flow of visits. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of page views per month. This type of server is much more expensive, and you will need advanced knowledge to manage it.
The security of web hosting
If you think that by installing a WooCommerce security plugin and a backup plugin you have everything solved, you’re mistaken. Think that your website is going to be open to everyone and not everyone is okay. No extra protection hurts. At this point, you have to look for two things – the server’s operating system and the security it offers.
- The operating system: What operating system would you choose to protect you? Windows is one of the worst operating systems when it comes to security. Linux is considered the best web server operating system for its protection.
- The security offered by the server: Regarding this point, you should look for a server that has different antivirus, antimalware and anti-hacking protection. It does not hurt if the hosting company itself makes automatic backups every specific period.
The quality of the service over the location
It is logical to think that if the servers you are going to hire are closer to you and your clients, the shorter response time it will have and the better your website will do for your clients and the better web positioning you will have. It is true, but it is not a determining factor when choosing your hosting web service for WooCommerce. Instead of looking for the closest servers, be guided by the quality of their services. It is useless if you hire a hosting from your own country if the server from the neighbouring country is much higher. You can find reliable and cheaper suppliers in other countries.
Ease of administration
Quality comes with a price, and choosing an okay WooCommerce hosting that allows you to do the same things but much faster and more comfortable is a crucial factor to take into account. It is why you should choose a WooCommerce web hosting service that includes these two points – install WooCommerce easily, and it has the right management panel. A good host provides for the installation of Woo Commerce CMS so that you can install it as soon as you hire their service. With this panel, you will not need to be a computer scientist or have advanced knowledge on these topics. From here, you can create your email accounts, your sub-domains, manage the occupied space, manage the files, your databases, etc.
Other key points to keep in mind
Besides the six points above, there are other essential factors that you must take into account to choose the best hosting for WooCommerce.
- Disk space: Disk space is essential, but decent hosting providers have enough disk capacity: to start with, 500MB or 1 GB is more than enough.
- Free domain the first year: If you plan to contract the domain and the web hosting for WooCommerce at the same time in the same company, having the domain for free the first year is an extra feature that does not hurt.
- A maximum number of domains: This topic should not worry you if you only want to contract a domain. There are hosting plans that include more than one domain in case you want to have more than one domain on the same web server.
- Limited/unlimited email accounts: The most normal thing is that you do not use more than five email accounts of your domain. However, you should know that some providers of these services limit the creation of email accounts to 1 or 2.
- The free SSL certificate: Usually a good web hosting company will offer to install a free SSL certificate. It serves to pass your web page from HTTP to HTTPS where the information between your server and the users will be encrypted.
- Language: You should choose a hosting web service, prioritizing its quality of service. Being able to communicate in your mother language is a critical point. If you are looking for the best hosting for WooCommerce, we recommend choosing the one that comes at affordable prices.
- Service guarantee: An excellent hosting service provider will include a trial period of several days or a money-back guarantee if you are not comfortable with what they offer.
Another critical point that deserves to have its section is the technical service provided by the web hosting provider. The hosting you hire must be a crack in the efficiency and speed with which they respond and solve any technical problem or doubt you have. And of course, it must be a WooCommerce hosting specialized in WooCommerce as a CMS. The best thing for your website is that you have a hosting that solves any doubt or incident as soon as possible. And don’t forget 24×7, 365 days server assistance. And it may seem silly to you, but in the long run, you will appreciate it because something will always happen that you need to solve with your hosting.
Throughout this article, you have seen the key factors that you must consider if you want to choose a good web storage service for your WooCommerce store. From here you should not have any problem deciding on one. We recommend that you choose a shared server with a web hosting provider that you know will serve you when you need it. That it is recognized and that it offers a service adapted to what you need and at the lowest possible price. Essential questions you need to ask hosting providers before choosing their web hosting services:
- Do you provide support 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
- Do you provide daily backups of my website?
- Will my site be on a shared server? If so, how many other sites are on a server at any one time?
- What are the security precautions to take when sharing a server with other websites?
- Will my outgoing emails be compromised if one of the websites hosted on the shared server gets blacklisted as spam?
So, if you use WooCommerce, besides the keys we have seen, web hosting plans should have SSD drives, be selected for WooCommerce, have ease to install WooCommerce, an adequate monthly transfer, and support in establishing and optimizing the best Woo-commerce templates.