How much does it cost to create a custom landing page?
Many of the entrepreneurs whose websites or landing pages we developed (look at F5 Studio’s portfolio and Behance profile), attribute about 60 to 70 percent of their revenue to those sites and specifically to the landing pages. As landing pages continue to bring profits to business owners, many new entrepreneurs are keen to find out how much it takes to get a landing page developed.
Many think that landing pages creation is much cheaper than website development. Web developers need a preliminary time estimate to give a price quote. How many hours does it take to create a landing page? Landing page creation can take more time than website development. Honestly, the price of landing pages is volatile as it depends on various factors.
In this article, we will discuss all the existing options for creating landing pages, right from the free to the most expensive ones. We will also describe the advantages and disadvantages of each option, and help you make decisions based on your budget.
If you need a business website this article helps you to get useful information on how to get more leads with a B2B site.
Online landing page builders
There is a wide variety of web builders that anyone can use today, to create landing pages for quite a small amount of money. These web platforms were developed by very experienced programmers to help the people who have no experience in web design create very simple websites and landing pages by themselves.
With the help of online landing page builders, you can create any websites and landing pages. You have to make the right choice as some of them are specifically designed to build landing pages and others; to build websites.
Advantages and disadvantages of using Landing Page Builders
Let’s start with the benefits:
- Most of the web builders provide a trial period of 7 to 30 days during, which you can study their capability while building your website (but you should pay attention, some web builders offer limited features during a trial period);
- The online designers contain a library with a vast number of ready-made layouts. You can choose the one you like, and adjust it for your business;
- Online web builders are functional. They can allow you to create an adaptive version of a landing page and they also help create tools for promotion and communication with customers. But in the most cases landing pages won’t be mobile-friendly;
- Some web builders offer the possibility to create multi-landing pages, which can be changed and adapted to the visitors, based on their requests, by displaying more relevant contents.
Even though the online designers provide intuitive interfaces, which allow even beginners to design attractive and effective landing pages independently, they have shortcomings which are worth pointing out.
Disadvantages of Web Builders Landing pages:
- As soon as the trial period for using the service expires, you will have to purchase a paid tariff;
- The more features it includes, the more expensive it is. The fees are charged monthly, and at times can be costly;
- You can create your website during the test period, but it will be very limited in term of functionality since the trial version of the web builders is limited. If you want to extend it, you must pay for the full version;
- The unfortunate thing is that there is no guarantee you will have the functions you need even after you have bought the full version.
- Another major disadvantage is the non-uniqueness of these web builders. The templates produced from these constructors are used by many people and as a result, are not suitable for professional businesses;
- Moreover, Search Engines are built in a way to ignore websites or landing pages that are not unique;
- Even though some web builder provides free of charge hosting services, the quality might not be good. In most cases, the load speed may be slow and the site can lag very often;
- Not all the web builders allow for Website transfer. Even when that is possible, you will have to pay for it;
- Most builders like Wix, use your site or landing page as means for advertisement, keeping annoying and persistent adds on top of your web page;
- It is not enough to know the principle of managing an online constructor. You must be able to develop a selling structure, understand the principles of UX, have a sense of style, and understand which design will work best in your local area;
- Additionally, a landing page designed in haste adversely affects the prestige of the company. If you are a beginner and have never developed a site before, then your user will definitely see it since you do not have the necessary knowledge;
- Your landing page will not look complete and user-friendly, and your chances of attracting potentials customers will be very low.
Well, if you use Web Builders, the average cost of landing page is ranging from $25 to $199 per month for annual payment and $37 to $329 for for monthly billing.
How much does it cost to develop a site using the landing page builder?
The cost of developing a landing page with the help of online web builders can vary from 2 to 250 dollars per month. Depending on the selected tariff, the user is offered a number of functions that can improve one or another part of the future landing page. If you prefer to use Web Builders, remember that you will get what you pay for. So if you a really want a good landing page, then be ready to spend a bit more.
Acquisition of ready-made landing pages based on templates
The easiest option is to buy a ready-made landing page. Here you need to put a minimum of effort: change the USP (Unique Selling Proposition), the content and part of the page design if for some reason it does not suit you. It’s simple and this option implies a number of undeniable advantages:
- This is an absolute saving of time and effort. No need to look for a developer. It is enough to choose the template you like, make minimum changes, run an advertisement and get the first visitors to the landing page;
- This option is much cheaper than ordering the creation of the landing page from scratch. The average cost of templates is $ 10 – $ 20, although there are design options where the price of a template can reach $ 50;
- There are a lot of templates on the Internet. The website like templatemonster and themeforest.net are well known for containing a big number of ready-made templates. You can download your favourite templates from those sites and based on it create your Landing Page.
But be on the alert. Do not rush to search for exchange templates and buy one of them. After all, it is worth remembering the shortcomings.
Sellers of templates have one goal; to sell it and make money. They don’t care about your business. The template provider will never adapt it to your business needs. There may be exceptions, but in most cases, you just buy a template and hope that it will match your unique selling proposition. Sometimes such template landing pages bring very good results; sometimes nothing.
It is likely that you will have problems when trying to make changes to a purchased landing page template. You need to have at least a minimal IT background, so as not to make mistakes. In case you have no experience in web development, you will need to contact a programmer and pay them to help you edit the template. Also, do not forget that you will have to fill the site yourself by writing articles and creating or buying photos.
Also, in Google Ad your keywords might have a low Quality Score because the landing page has quality issues. So, if you want to attract visitors with Google Ad, you will be in trouble. The main problem is you can’t know that until you run PPC campaign.
If you charge $50-150 for landing page it will be an affordable price for a landing page.
Creating a landing page with a freelancer
Do you have a shoestring budget? Then consider hiring a freelancer. Today there are millions around the world, ready to grab onto your project. There are specific websites where absolutely different services are offered: from logo design to creating and promoting landing by any existing means, for example, Upwork. Pay attention, there you can find profiles of website development agencies (for examle, you can see F5 Studio agency’s Upwork profile). But be careful if you find a freelancer. Some freelancers are ready to develop the site and say goodbye to you, breaking the cooperation while others will strive and lead your project to its success.
Advantages of using a freelancer to create your landing page:
When choosing a freelancer, try to find out their level of competence. Visit their profiles (for example, this is F5 Studio’s lead web designer Upwork profile), and read the reviews left by some of their customers. Even though this is not a 100 percent assurance that they will offer you quality services, at least it reduces the risk of falling on the wrong person.
- Freelancer services are cheaper than web development agencies. Newbies freelancers are ready to work with you for $5-15/hour. The average landing page price range is $50-300 dollars. Anyway it is cheaper than ordering a landing page from a professional web studio
- The task is performed by only one person whom, you can always contact and directly and get advice from if necessary
- If you turn to an experienced specialist, your chances of having high-quality web design services are high
Disadvantages of using a freelancer
- Also, you can’t be sure 100% that the web developers will be available at the moment you need them
- No one guarantees that the project will be delivered on time or its cost will not change
- The primary goal of the performer is to have an income. He or she might not particularly be interested in the success of your business.
- A freelancer can never replace a whole group of people who work in a web studio to create a project (UI designer, UX designer, digital marketer, web developer who is able to set Google Analytics or other web tracking tool)
A freelancer can be an experienced web designer who has no skills in web development. Or, on the contrary, a professional web developer who has absolutely no understanding of professional UI/UX design and digital marketing. Of course, you can hire the web developer, web UI/UX designer, QA engineer. But in this case, it will be very difficult to control each employee and you probably will not like the final result of the work, since the work between these specialists was not coordinated.
A professional freelancer, which is recommended by hundreds of companies can offer their services for $400-$2,000. Yes, they are expensive but recommended because they provide high-quality services. However, there is no 100 per cent guarantee that you will have a better experience with them.
Generally, professional freelancers can cost anywhere from $15 – $100 per hour for a project. Creation an average landing page takes 8 – 48 hours.
Order a landing page from web development agency
The most proven, but not the cheapest option is to order the professional landing page development services from a web development agency. Across the world, there are thousands of web companies, digital marketing agencies of various levels: from young companies to the largest digital agencies that cooperate with business sharks.
Web agencies charge anywhere from $150-3,000 per landing page depending on the complexity, time to build, and business goals. So, it seems expensive but don’t forget about advantages.
Applying for services to a web agency of any level a priori has valuable advantages that no other option of buying a Landing Page can offer:
- Cooperation under a formal agreement, which fixes the agreed amount and terms. They cannot change. In the opposite case, you, as a client, can sue the contractor for breach of obligations;
- Web agencies have a team of web developers, each of which performs his or her own range of tasks. This reduces the likelihood of error tolerance due to limited workload;
- Experienced web companiess offer a full range of work: from marketing, UI/UX design and website development to SEO services and the outsoursing of web specialists.
- The web development agency is fully responsible for their work and for the final result. Developers are interested in the success of your business, since the more you make profits, the longer you work with the company. In addition, good reviews for web studios are very expensive. They form the image of the company and this is vital to the future of the company.
Therefore, the Landing conversion is always analyzed (during the cooperation period), A / B testing is conducted, traffic channels are analyzed and the most profitable are selected. Web studio developers are always laid out to the maximum, which often not be said about the same freelancer.
How much does it cost to create a landing page in a web agency?
The cost of services depends on a number of factors: the number of employees who work on a project, the image of the company and its capabilities. Therefore, today you can easily find a studio in Ukraine, which agrees to develop a landing page for you for $1,000 and another digital agency that can charge you around $3,000 for the same work.
Your Right Landing Page is just a click away. Get professional landing page development service.
Why is there such a big difference in the cost? Let’s consider the following:
Web development company mainly charges not only for the time required to get your landing page done but also for the guarantee and the safety you have working with them. They appoint all their specialists (Web Designers, Web Developers, QA specialists) to do you work in a very successful way. It means that web ahency’s specialists thoroughly investigate your audience, product, competitors, and a market. Then they will create thoughtful decision that includes highly strategic actions. In this way you will get the best solution.
F5 Studio specialists use Value Proposition Canvas approach to understand needs and pains of your audience. Our unique approach allows us to create effective landing pages for affordable price. The marketing makes a difference.
Of course, all actions depends on your goals and budget. In most cases the greater revenue you expect, the higher the marketing сost. There are no sense to spend several thousand dollars to make several thousand dollars.
How the price for landing pages is determined by web agency
Large well-known web companies and digital agencies form the final price for a project based on the time each specialist spends on its development. By the way, in such companies, a staff of specialists work, where everyone performs a specific range of work. Basically, the team includes:
Project-manager. A specialist who advises the client collects primary information, transfers it to other developers, as well as controls the time and quality of the assigned tasks. Any issues are resolved through the project manager. He is the contact person for the client who is responsible for the result of the development;
Internet marketer. A specialist who plunges into a business in detail studies the target audience and competitors. Forms the structure of the site, makes recommendations to the content and digital marketing strategy;
Copywriter. The specialist who is responsible for writing the USP, catchy headlines and calls to action, selling content. Interacts with the marketer, creating texts that hit the target exactly;
UI/UX designer. Specialist, creating the design of the landing page. Based on trends in web design, as well as on the target audience, so that the finished layout is modern and understandable for visitors;
Front-end specialist. Engages in the layout of the site, making it a working web product. Connects to the one-page engine, makes the site animated and adaptive.
Advertiser (PPC specialist). Configures analytics to control site visits, its effectiveness.
QA Tester. Tests the finished project for errors. Checks the display of the site in browsers, on mobile devices, controls the download speed. More about Quality Assurance.
Depending on the scale of the web agency, the number of specialists in the staff may vary. In very large digital agencies, a creative director and art director can work, as well as other specialists, without whom, according to the company’s management, the development of the site would be inadequate. The number of employees in the state directly affects the price of a one-page vendor. But at the same time, you get a 100% guarantee that your landing page will be perfect in all respects. (How to choose a web agency: 7 simple steps)
What you will have to pay $2,000 for a landing page?
We will understand what works are included in the maximum cost of developing the landing page. So:
- Detailed analysis of the your business
- Copywriting – writing selling content, content mapping
- Development of the site wireframe, prototype (presentation of the site to the client with the full placement of all the blocks and elements in order to avoid further errors)
- UX design development
- Adaptive layout with the connection of a convenient and modern CMS;
- Standard SEO-site optimization Also we recommend you read more about SEO practices which will help you to improve a rank of landing page
- Customize analytics and UTM tags
- Integration APIs, CRM, web tracking tools and other tools which you need
The final price can vary. For example, abandon the engine if you are able to independently manage the site using a code or do not plan to change anything on the site at all. Do not forget that the price does not include the cost of promotion services. They are paid separately. At the same time, promotion services can be ordered from the web studio itself or contact another company on the recommendation of the web developer.
It should be understood that $3,000 – far from the limit. In some cases, the main role is played by the image of the company.
Turning to a web development company that is able to use modern web technilogies to create a dynamic landing page, be prepared for a bill of $5,000 dollars or more for your one-page site.
A dynamic landing page is a web page that displays different messages to different users, depending on key variables such as location or keywords.
Digital marketing experts recommend to evaluate the attractiveness of the landing page in terms of investment. For example, you going to make $10,000 through a high-converting landing page. So $3,000 seems a good investment in a landing page development.
Well, let’s sum all.
If you want to hire a digital agency to create a landing page, you will pay for landing page development services from $600 to $3,000. A quality landing page costs $1,000-1,500 in many cases. Creation a strategic landing page can cost about $1,500-2000. A dynamic landing page costs from $2,000 to $5,000. Anyway the cost of landing page depends on complexity of the task, stack of technologies and your business goals.
So how much does it cost to create a landing page?
To sum up, the cost of the landing page directly depends on the budget you have planned, your expectations, opportunities and wishes regarding the terms of development. If you need a landing or multi landing page for long-term sales, it is better to order its development from a web studio or from a good freelancer.
If you have no experience but want to build a landing page, the best option will be to start in a test mode in order to see how things work before you engage. To do so, you can use web builders or free templates. When you have enough experience and time, you can then go premium and establish your online presence.
However, It is important to understand that Web Builders are not very effective for businesses. Therefore, if your business depends mainly on your landing page, then consider developing a unique and mobile friendly one either from freelancers or from web agencies. Doing so will help to generate more leads or visitors and thus grow your business.