How much does it cost to create a custom landing page?
Many of the entrepreneurs whose websites or landing pages we develop, attribute about 60 to 70 per cent of their revenue to those sites and specifically to the landing pages. As landing pages continue to bring profits to Web Owners, many new entrepreneurs are keen to find out how much it takes to get a landing page developed. However, the price of landing pages is volatile as it depends on various factors.
No time to read? To get a quick offer for free to click landing page development service.
In this article, we will discuss all the existing options for creating landing pages, right from the free to the most expensive ones. We will also describe the advantages and disadvantages of each option, and help you make decisions based on your budget.
Online landing page constructors
There is a wide variety of Web Builders that anyone can use today, to create landing pages for quite a small amount of money. These web Builders were developed by very experienced programmers to help the people who have no experience in IT create very simple websites and landing pages themselves.
With the help of online Web Constructors, you can create any websites and landing pages. You have to make the right choice as some of them are specifically designed to build landing pages and others; to build websites.
Advantages and disadvantages of using Landing Page Builders
Let’s start with the benefits:
- Most of the Web builders provide a trial period of 7 to 30 days during, which you can study their capability while building your website;
- The online designers contain a library with a vast number of ready-made layouts. You can choose the one you like, and adjust it for your business;
- Online Web Builders are functional and customizable. They can allow you to create an adaptive version of a landing page and they also help create tools for promotion and communication with customers;
- Some Web builders offer the possibility to create multi-landing pages, which can be changed and adapted to the visitors, based on their requests, by displaying more relevant contents.
Even Though the online designers provide intuitive interfaces, which allow even beginners to design attractive and effective landing pages independently, they have shortcomings which are worth pointing out.
Disadvantages of Web builders Landing pages:
- As soon as the trial period for using the service expires, you will have to purchase a paid tariff;
- The more features it includes, the more expensive it is. The fees are charged monthly, and at times can be costly;
- You can create your website during the test period, but it will be very limited in term of functionality since the trial version of the Online Designers is limited. If you Want to extend it, you must pay for the full version;
- The unfortunate thing is that there is no guarantee you will have the functions you need even after you have bought the full version.
- Another major disadvantage is the non-uniqueness of these Web constructors. The templates produced from these constructors are used by many people and as a result, are not suitable for professional businesses;
- Moreover, Search Engines are built in a way to ignore websites or landing pages that are not unique;
- Even though some Web Builder provides free of charge hosting services, the quality might not be good. In most cases, the load speed may be slow and the site can lag very often;
- Not all the Online web constructors allow for Website transfer. Even when that is possible, you will have to pay for it;
- Most builders like Wix, use your site or Landing Page as means for advertisement, keeping annoying and persistent adds on top of your web page;
- It is not enough to know the principle of managing an online constructor. You must be able to develop a selling structure, understand the principles of UX, have a sense of style, and understand which design will work best in your local area;
- Additionally, a Landing Page designed in haste adversely affects the prestige of the company. If you are a beginner and have never developed a site before, then your user will definitely see it since you do not have the necessary knowledge;
- Your Landing Page will not look complete and user-friendly, and your chances of attracting potentials customers will be very low.
How much does it cost to develop a site using the landing page constructor
The cost of developing a landing page with the help of online Web Builders can vary from 2 to 250 dollars per month. Depending on the selected tariff, the user is offered a number of functions that can improve one or another part of the future landing page. If you prefer to use Web Builders, remember that you will get what you pay for. So if you a really want a good landing page, then be ready to spend a bit more.
Acquisition of ready-made landing pages based on templates
The easiest option is to buy a ready-made landing page. Here you need to put a minimum of effort: change the USP (Unique Selling Proposition), the content and part of the page design if for some reason it does not suit you. It’s simple and this option implies a number of undeniable advantages:
- This is an absolute saving of time and effort. No need to look for a developer. It is enough to choose the template you like, make minimum changes, run an advertisement and get the first visitors to the landing page;
- This option is much cheaper than ordering the creation of the landing page from scratch. The average cost of templates is $ 10 – $ 20, although there are design options where the price of a template can reach $ 50;
- There are a lot of templates on the Internet. The website like templatemonster and themeforest.net are well known for containing a big number of ready-made templates. You can download your favourite templates from those sites and based on it create your Landing Page.
But be on the alert. Do not rush to search for exchange templates and buy one of them. After all, it is worth remembering the shortcomings.
Sellers of templates have one goal; to sell it and make money. They don’t care about your business. The template provider will never adapt it to your business needs. There may be exceptions, but in most cases, you just buy a template and hope that it will match your unique selling proposition. Sometimes such template landing pages bring very good results; sometimes nothing.
It is likely that you will have problems when trying to make changes to a purchased landing page template. You need to have at least a minimal IT background, so as not to make mistakes. In case you have no experience in IT, you will need to contact a programmer and pay them to help you edit the template. Also, do not forget that you will have to fill the site yourself by writing articles and creating or buying photos.
Creating a landing page with a freelancer
Do you have a limited budget? Then consider hiring a freelancer. Today there are millions around the world, ready to grab onto your project. There are specific websites where absolutely different services are offered: from logo design to creating and promoting landing by any existing means, for example, Upwork (you can see F5 Studio Upwork profile). Here you have to choose and decide. Some freelancers are ready to develop the site and say goodbye to you, breaking the cooperation while others will strive and lead your project to its success.
Advantages of using a freelancer to create your landing page:
- Freelancer services are cheaper than web development agencies. Newbies freelancers are ready to work with you for 70-150 dollars. The average price range is in the range of 50-800 dollars for the work of a freelancer. But it is, in any case, cheaper than ordering a landing page from a professional web studio;
- The task is performed by only one person whom, you can always contact and directly and get advice from if necessary.
- If you turn to an experienced specialist, your chances of having high-quality services are high.
Disadvantages of using a freelancer
When choosing a freelancer, try to find out their level of competence. Visit their profile, and read the reviews or testimonials left by some of their customers. Even though this is not a 100 per cent assurance that they will offer you quality services, at least it reduces the risk of falling on the wrong person.
- Also, You can’t be sure 100% that the developers will be available at the moment you need them.
- Cooperation is not legally enforced. You do not enter into a service agreement. Consequently, no one guarantees that the project will be delivered on time or its cost will not change;
- The primary goal of the performer is to have an income. He or she might not particularly be interested in the success of your business.
- A freelancer can never replace a whole group of people who work in a web studio to create a project.
A freelancer can be an experienced designer who has no skills in programming. Or, on the contrary, a professional programmer who has absolutely no understanding of Web Design. Of course, you can hire a separate programmer, designer, tester. But in this case, it will be very difficult to control each employee and you probably will not like the final result of the work, since the work between these specialists was not coordinated.
A professional freelancer, which is recommended by hundreds of companies can offer their services in a range of 1500 to 2000 dollars. Yes, they are expensive but recommended because they provide high-quality services. However, there is no 100 per cent guarantee that you will have a better experience with them.
Order a landing page from web studio
The most proven, but not the cheapest option is to order a landing page from a web studio. Across the world, there are thousands of web-studios of various levels: from young companies to the largest digital agencies that cooperate with business sharks.
Applying for services to a web-studio of any level a priori has valuable advantages that no other option of buying a Landing Page can offer:
- Cooperation under a formal agreement, which fixes the agreed amount and terms. They cannot change. In the opposite case, you, as a client, can sue the contractor for breach of obligations;
- Web Agencies have a team of developers, each of which performs his or her own range of tasks. This reduces the likelihood of error tolerance due to limited workload;
- Experienced web studios offer a full range of work: from marketing and SEO analysis to Internet marketing and integrated long-term project promotion.
- The Web Studio is fully responsible for their work and for the final result. Developers are interested in the success of your business, since the more you make profits, the longer you work with the company. In addition, good reviews for web studios are very expensive. They form the image of the company and this is vital to the future of the company.
Therefore, the Landing conversion is always analyzed (during the cooperation period), A / B testing is conducted, traffic channels are analyzed and the most profitable are selected. Web studio developers are always laid out to the maximum, which often not be said about the same freelancer.
How much does it cost to create a landing page in a web studio?
The cost of services depends on a number of factors: the number of employees who work on a project, the image of the company and its capabilities. Therefore, today you can easily find a studio in Ukraine, which agrees to develop a landing page for you for $ 500, and a different digital agency that can charge you around 3000 bucks for the same work.
Your Right Landing Page is just a click away. Get professional landing page development service.
Why is there such a big difference in the amount? Let’s consider the following:
Web Studio mainly charges not only for the time required to get your landing page done but also for the guarantee and the safety you have working with them. They appoint all their specialists (Web Designers, Web Developers, QA specialists) to do you work in a very successful way. So it is worth understanding that the final amount that the charged includes the salary of employees, the cost of renting an office, the utilities and the Internet, testing, snacks, drinks and water in the office.
How the price for landing pages is determined by Web Agency
Large web-studios and digital agencies form the final price for a project based on the time each specialist spends on its development. By the way, in such companies, a staff of specialists work, where everyone performs a specific range of work. Basically, the team includes:
Project-manager. A specialist who advises the client collects primary information, transfers it to other developers, as well as controls the time and quality of the assigned tasks. Any issues are resolved through the project manager. He is the contact person for the client who is responsible for the result of the development;
Internet marketer. A specialist who plunges into a business in detail studies the target audience and competitors. Forms the structure of the site, makes recommendations to the content and digital marketing strategy;
Copywriter. The specialist who is responsible for writing the USP, catchy headlines and calls to action, selling content. Interacts with the marketer, creating texts that hit the target exactly;
UI/UX designer. Specialist, creating the design of the landing page. Based on trends in web design, as well as on the target audience, so that the finished layout is modern and understandable for visitors;
Front-end specialist. Engages in the layout of the site, making it a working web product. Connects to the one-page engine, makes the site animated and adaptive.
Advertiser (PPC specialist). Configures analytics to control site visits, its effectiveness.
QA Tester. Tests the finished project for errors. Checks the display of the site in browsers, on mobile devices, controls the download speed. More about Quality Assurance.
Depending on the scale of the web-studio, the number of specialists in the staff may vary. In very large digital agencies, a creative director and art director can work, as well as other specialists, without whom, according to the company’s management, the development of the site would be inadequate. The number of employees in the state directly affects the price of a one-page vendor. But at the same time, you get a 100% guarantee that your landing page will be perfect in all respects. (How to choose a web agency: 7 simple steps)
What you will have to pay for 2-3 thousand dollars?
We will understand what works are included in the maximum cost of developing the landing page. So:
- Detailed analysis of the client’s business;
- Development of a site map (structure indicating the location of all elements);
- Copywriting – writing selling content;
- Development of the site wireframe, prototype (presentation of the site to the client with the full placement of all the blocks and elements in order to avoid further errors);
- UX design development;
- Adaptive layout with the connection of a convenient and modern CMS;
- Standard SEO-site optimization;
- Customize analytics and UTM tags.
The price usually includes the domain and hosting. The final price can vary. For example, abandon the engine if you are able to independently manage the site using a code or do not plan to change anything on the site at all. Do not forget that the price does not include the cost of promotion services. They are paid separately. At the same time, promotion services can be ordered from the web studio itself or contact another company on the recommendation of the developer.
It should be understood that 3000 dollars – far from the limit in some cases. Turning to a very large and very popular web development company in your niche, be prepared for a bill of 5 thousand dollars or more for your one-page. In this case, the main role is played by the image of the company.
We recommend you to evaluate the attractiveness of the landing page in terms of investment. For example, you going to make 10.000USD, so 3.000 USD is a good investment.
So how much does it cost to make a landing page?
To sum up, the cost of the landing page directly depends on the budget you have planned, your expectations, opportunities and wishes regarding the terms of development. If you need a landing or multi landing page for long-term sales, it is better to order its development from a web studio or from a good freelancer.
If you have no experience but want to build a landing page, the best option will be to start in a test mode in order to see how things work before you engage. To do so, you can use web builders or free templates. When you have enough experience and time, you can then go premium and establish your online presence.
However, It is important to understand that Web Builders are not very effective for professional Businesses. Therefore, if your business depends mainly on your landing page, then consider developing a unique and mobile friendly one either from freelancers or from Web Agencies. Doing so will help to generate more leads or visitors and thus grow your business.